Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Daily Struggle

I have some days that I am just not on my game.  So far, this week as been full of them.  I tend to beat myself up for these days, telling myself that I am doing something wrong or not having enough faith.  Most times, when I can pull my head out of the funk I realize that I am putting words in Gods' mouth.  I have to continually remind myself that I have become the righteousness of God through Jesus Christ.  For someone that has been anything but righteous in life and is very aware of the bad choices made, this is a very hard concept to accept.  It is easy to say, write on an index card, memorize and repeat; but truly believing it, acting accordingly, not condemning myself at every turn, is another thing completely.  

2 Corinthians 5:21

Amplified Bible (AMP)
21For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [[a]endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness].



In comparison to many I know, I am a fairly young Christian.  It was only 4 years ago that I began to truly understand the truth, love, mercy and grace of our God.  I knew of Him, knew the bible pretty well, but I never knew Him.  I had prayed the "sinners prayer" in the past but was just going through the motions.  I really had no idea what I was saying or what it truly meant. Being so young in my faith, I wonder, how long before I start to find stability in my standing with Christ?  How long is it going to take me to get it through my head that He loves me and forgives me, sees me approved, acceptable, righteous?  Not through my eyes or my works, but through the blood and Resurrection of Jesus.  


See, I know these things, yet still I sit here feeling like a mess.  Then I am reminded of Philippians.  

Philippians 4:6-7

Amplified Bible (AMP)
6Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([a]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
    7And God's peace [shall be yours, that [b]tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall[c]garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.


So now, I will run into His arms and remember that the riches of His love will always be enough.  Today I will sing and dance to my Lord.  Starting with Forever Reign that I posted about yesterday.  Loud and often.  The best time to sing and dance to God is the time that you feel the least like doing it.

Psalm 149:3-4

Amplified Bible (AMP)
3Let them praise His name in chorus and choir and with the [single or group] dance; let them sing praises to Him with the tambourine and lyre!
    4For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation and adorn the wretched with victory.


Just typing this out and reading over these verses has already started to mend my soul.  It is going to be a good day after all. 


I would love to hear your thoughts.  Do you struggle with these feelings?  If so, how do you deal with them?  Did this post and these scriptures help you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am grateful for your thoughts and comments! Be blessed and joyful always!