Friday, February 10, 2012

Joyful Friday - My Testimony

I am changing Joyful Friday up a little this week.  I have finally gotten up the courage to share my testimony of how God drew me to Him.  How he took the bad decisions I made and worked them for good.  How he picked me up out of the deep black pit I was in, dusted me off, wrapped His arms around me and put me back on my feet, facing Him.  On His path, surrounded by Light and Love.

My wonderful friend Nikki from SimplyStriving was kind enough to take some of her precious time to read it and give me some suggestions. I am eternally grateful for her insight and kindness!  Because it is so long, I have decided to make a page dedicated to it.  I will give you a snippet of it today, along with a song that sings along with my spirit.  Then, should you want to read the whole story and have a few extra minutes you can click on over and check it out!

Taken from "God's Story through My Life" -
"So I woke up one day and decided to go with "Plan B."  I began to relive the years I felt I had missed.  I started drinking, doing drugs and then found less than desirable ways to make money.  My goal was to make as much money as I could as fast as I could so that I could leave my first husband and my life as I knew it quickly and completely, never to look back.  I was as far from God as I can ever imagine someone being."

Oh Happy Day by Jesus Culture truly sings along with my spirit!



I pray that you will read my testimony with an open mind and open heart.  I also pray that you will find encouragement and hope in it.  That you will be reminded that you can not stray too far from God.  His love for you is perfect and unconditional.

I would love to hear from you!  What is your testimony?  How has God worked in your life to bring you to Him?

Blessings and Joy to all!

8 comments:

  1. First off, I am a a fan of Jesus Culture--great song!
    Secondly, I'm proud of you. For sharing your story of how God got you. May He be glorified and others be encouraged through your journey, Jamie!

    May blessings abound!

    All for Him,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do know how to lay down an awesome worship song! :)

      Thank you for your support and insight. I really appreciate you and the love and light that radiates from you!

      Peace and Love!

      Delete
  2. Jamie, just wanted to thank you for sharing us your story.

    All good things,
    Charina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charina for reading it! Have a blessed and beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  3. A beautiful testimony of God's saving grace! Repent is to turn and go the other direction which is just what you did. May God continue to use you for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! Your testimony on your blog really helped give me the courage to write mine. Be blessed and joyful!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful story. I am a new GFC follower from Katharine's. Thank you so much for following and visiting on my blog. Donna from My Life. One Story at a Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, Thank you so much! I am truly sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Our world turned upside down and settled back with a big smile but in the middle I lost a lot of time on my blog! I love you blog and appreciate your time and beautiful spirit!

      God Loves YOU!

      Delete

I am grateful for your thoughts and comments! Be blessed and joyful always!